E. Gaylon McCollough, MD FACS
Dr. McCollough is married to the former Susan Nomberg (Dothan, AL) and has two children, Sted and Chanee, and four grandchildren.
E. Gaylon McCollough MD FACS founded the McCollough Plastic Surgery Clinic in 1975. Since entering practice, he has obtained international recognition as a surgeon and teacher through his affiliation with the largest association of specialty plastic surgeons in the world. Dr. McCollough was recently included in the National Registry of Who’s Who. He is included in Woodward and White’s “Best Doctors in America”, “America’s Top Plastic Surgeons”, and was honored by the March of Dimes as “Alabama Citizen Of The Year” for 1994-95. Dr. McCollough is board certified by two specialty boards, each of which is concerned with regional plastic surgery: the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and the American Board of Otolaryngology (the specialty of head and neck surgery).
- In 1985 Dr. McCollough was also inducted into the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery as an honorary member.
- In 1989 he was elected president of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- In 1980 he served as president of the American Association of Cosmetic Surgeons. In 1986 Dr. McCollough was elected president of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Inc.
- In 2004, Dr. McCollough founded the American College of Rejuvenology and has served as its president for three consecutive terms. He is also the founder of the McCollough Institute for Appearance and Health in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Dr. McCollough has conducted and participated in educational seminars, teaching the art and science of facial plastic surgery to surgeons around the world. He has traveled to India, Columbia, Germany, England, Canada, Italy, Mexico, Australia, South Africa, Spain, The Netherlands, Switzerland, and Turkey to teach.
Dr. McCollough is the co-author of three major textbooks on facial and nasal plastic surgery and two non-medical books: Shoulders of Giants, and Before and After. He is also the author of The Appearance Factor, one of the world’s most comprehensive consumer guides on ways that human beings can look, feel and perform better. Following his residency training, Dr. McCollough completed an approved program of specialized training in facial plastic surgery in Beverly Hills, California; New Orleans, Louisiana; and Boston Massachusetts.
The following biographical sketch and credentials are provided for additional information:
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Science, 1965 Honors
- All-American Academic Football Team, 1964 Offensive Center
- 1964 National Championship Football Team
- Omicron Delta Kappa and Jasons Honorary Fraternities
- The Frank Thomas Award for Scholastics and Athletics
- The Charlie Compton Award for Citizenship and Stewardship
- University of Alabama Medical School
- Doctor of Medicine, 1969
Specialty Training (Residency)
- University of Alabama General Surgery, 1971
- Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery) 1972-74
- Tulane University, Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery) 1973
Honors, Boards, Civic Activities
- Alabama Senior Citizens Hall of Fame
- The Alabama Family Alliance
- Better Business Bureau
- Birmingham Chamber of Commerce
- Gulf Coast Area Chamber of Commerce
- University of Alabama President’s Cabinet, Vice-Chairman
- First & Ten Club of Alabama (Chairman of the Board 1983)
- Alabama Sports Hall of Fame Board of Directors (President 1988-2000)
- Birmingham Touchdown Club (President 1981)
- Alabama Citizen of the Year 1994-95
- National Registry of Who’s Who
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeons
- President Gulf Coast Athletic Club 2006, and 2007
- Board of Directors International Council of Integrative Medicine
- All-American Football Foundation Un-sung Hero Award